Back to News
Posted on 8 Apr 2020
There is an army of NHS volunteers that are going to start to protect vunerable people from Coronavirus in England.
From the 7th April, volunteers will be:-
- Delivering medication from pharmacies
- Driving patients to appointments
- Bringing patients home from hospital
- Making regular phone calls to check on people isolating at home
- Transporting medical supplies and equipment for the NHS
Thousands of these approved volunteers will be offered tasks from today via the GoodSAM app and will start helping people safely, with more expected to get requests over the coming weeks.